Friday night at the Royal British Legion in Shoreham we will be holding ...
The registration for the event will open at 6:30pm and I hope to get things started by 7:00pm at the latest!
The cost will be £17 as normal and for those who have not been before the format will be as follows....
Players will use he six boosters to 'draft' a deck to play in three rounds of a 'swiss' tournament o find the sneak peak champion!
There is an important change for drafts in regards to Legion Cards which is ...
"If a fighter opens a Legion Rare, that fighter may ask for a judge to verify it. If it is verified, each player chooses the trigger unit, as well as two other cards, and places them face down."
Other rules remain the same, if you are new to the process here is how it works...
What is Booster Draft Booster Draft?
Booster Draft is a method of play which involves purchasing, opening and building a deck straight away for a game!
Fighters open the packs and choose a card he or she would like to use in a predetermined order (this is known as a “draft”), and decks are built right there and then!
With this unique style, fighters get to experience the thrill of selecting cards, and the joy of playing with a different deck every time!
How to do a Draft?
1. Decide on the seating arrangement around the table with a random method.
2. Each person will open one pack, and check the cards inside that pack.
3. Choose a card and place it face down in front of you. (On you first pick for a pack you will take a trigger unit and one other card) Fighters may not peek at the face down cards.
4. Once everyone has chosen their cards, all fighters will pass the rest of the cards in hand to the person on the left, in a clockwise direction.
5. With the cards received from the fighter on the right, choose a card and place it face down. Once everyone is done, pass the rest of the cards in hand to the left again. Repeat until all the cards have been taken.
6. Between the third and fourth pack, you may check your own face down cards.
Starting from the fourth pack, pass the cards in hand to the person on your
7. Once all 6 packs have been opened and passed around, the draft ends. The fight will now begin with the 30 cards chosen and formed as a deck!
1. The 30 chosen cards becomes your deck.
2. The rules which restrict only 4 of the same card, as well as only 4 heal triggers in a deck do not apply here.
The basic rules of Cardfight!! Vanguard can be found here:
The rules of a normal cardfight apply, but with the addition of a special rule:
“During a trigger check, if a vanguard or rear-guard of the same clan as the trigger unit is not present on the field, the trigger effects will still activate.”
Therefore, please ignore the clans of the trigger units when choosing cards to build your deck