This single booster draft format called "Mini Masters Draft" started at stores in Spain and Italy.
The idea is simple, instead of drafting with 3 boosters simply buy one per play and draft with that. Obviously it makes decks quite small and there are a few rules adjustments to normal MTG to make it work better. It is very similar to a pack wars where players simply add 15 lands to a booster without even looking at it and play a game, except this way you know what is in your deck even it it is not that much!
The extra rules are ...
- You must use all the cards that you draft.
- You can add only 10 basic lands and you must have at least one for every colour in your deck.
- You may have one free muligan at the beginning of the game.
- You do not lose the game for being unable to draw a card.
- You start with 15 life instead of the usual 20.
Anyone fancy giving it a go this weekend at Gambit Sunday?