Friday 8 July 2022

Happy 15th Birthday

This week KD Games is 15 years old! I simply cannot believe how quickly the years have passed.



On July 7th 2007, we opened the doors for the very first time at our shop Kids Dreams in Boundary Road in Hove.

Originally we opened as a toy shop selling traditional and pocket money toys but it was not long before we started selling or first gaming products from of course Games Workshop followed very quickly by Magic the Gathering and Pokemon.

A lot has changed since then both in what we sell and how we operate.  We changed our name to KD Games in 2013 when we stopped selling toys and have concentrated on board games and card games ever since. We have been in many different locations and served many many different people and are delighted to have been back on the High Street in Shoreham-by-Sea for the last few years.

I have lost count of the amount of games we have sold and the amount of different events, clubs, tournament and demonstrations we have run over the years.

I have had the pleasure of knowing some of you since those very early days in Hove and in many cases seen people that started playing when they were just children go on to still enjoying games in to their adulthood.

As a community you have been a big part of my families lives, my children have grown up during this time and I have had the pleasure of seeing many of your families grow too. I have made so many good friends during this time, it has been great sharing the good times with you and I have been grateful for the support many of you have shown us through the harder times. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our customers; old and new for spending your hard earned money with us and making the last 15 years so much fun. I look forward to many more years of gaming to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment